Saturday, March 20, 2010

Caribbean Contemporary... In Little Haiti

I went to see "The Global Caribbean: Focus on Caribbean Contemporary Visual Art Landscape" at the Little Haiti Cultural Center curated by Edouard Duval CarriƩ. The exhibit presents 24 artists from the Caribbean region and will be on display through the end of March and then it will travel to France.


See works by Hew Locke who creates complex sculptural collages with eclectic objects.

Cuban artist Roberto Diago's work in mixed media on metal.

Jamican artist Arthur Simms creates woven sculptures made from reclaimed materials and everyday objects.

Courtyard of the Little Haiti Cultural Center


The Little Haiti Cultural Center is really an incredibly beautiful space, but unfortunately is very underutilized. The exhibits are fabulous, but the crowds are few. I love Haitian art and the energy that accompanies it and I look forward to many more exhibits.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Haitian art too. I would love to see more of it. You should get a retweet button for your blog. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks... I will search to see if I can figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete