Friday, July 17, 2009

Take Only What You Need


When I created this piece, I thought a lot about how surprised I was to learn that most people think recycling is something that does not concern them, something that won't hurt or effect them. I see the earth as part of us. It is the one thing that we constantly touch through gravity and the air we take in with every breath. "Take Only What You Need" is a lesson not only from the dinner table, but the consumption of all of our resources.

36" x 30" Created from 95% reclaimed materials.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    She turned out lovely. You choose to go with Earth breasts instead of cheeks?
    I hope all is well.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my work always changes as I go. Its almost like the work introduces itself to me.

    ReplyDelete