Sunday, April 3, 2011

Art as Eco Activism



Title: "Listen First"
Medium: 90% upcycled material
(33" x 30")

Pinecrest Gardens has asked me to present my work and to talk about my mission as part of their Earth Day celebration this Sunday.

Please join me Sunday, April 10th from 11:00am to 4:00pm at Pinecrest Gardens. I will be exhibiting a few of my paintings from two of my collections and speaking about upcycling, nature and my work about environmental issues. My talks will be every half hour starting at 12:00 with the last one at 3:30.

Because one of my paintings is about helping the Monarch butterfly, I will have milkweed seeds and seedlings for you to plant in your garden. I will even demonstrate how to upcycle newspaper into a small pot to plant your milkweed seeds!

To find me... walk into the entrance of the garden, past the outdoor amphitheater and follow the path to the left. I will be in the first section on the left where the old Parrot Jungle bird habitats use to be.

It's going to be a lot of GREEN-ECO fun for everyone and it's FREE! Come in the garden for the Earth Day activities and visit the farmers market under the banyan trees on your way out. I hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment